Oral Surgery in Saskatoon
Oral surgery is a specialized branch of dentistry that deals with diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the mouth, jaw, face and the hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial region. It includes dental implants, maxillofacial surgery, orthognathic surgery, corrective jaw surgery, bone grafting procedures and reconstructive surgery after an injury.
At Willowgreen Dental in Saskatoon, our experienced dentists provide knowledgeable care for patients requiring surgical procedures. Our goal is to help you achieve optimal oral health and improve your overall well-being.
Oral Surgery Services We Provide
- Anesthesia. To ensure your comfort, we will administer local anesthesia or sedation.
- Incision. We will make an incision in the gum tissue around the tooth to expose the tooth and bone.
- Removal. The tooth may need to be divided into smaller pieces for easier removal. Any remaining debris or infection will also be cleared out.
- Stitching. We will clean the area once we remove the tooth and stitch up the incision to promote healing.
- Aftercare. After the effects of the anesthesia wear off, pain and swelling may occur, which is normal. We will provide instructions on how to care for the extraction site and manage any discomfort. We will also prescribe medications for pain control if necessary. The healing time may take a few days to a week, during which you should avoid strenuous activities and stick to soft foods.
- Follow-up. We will schedule a follow-up appointment to check your healing progress and remove any stitches if needed.
Why Choose Willowgreen Dental for Oral Surgeries
Saskatoon Oral Surgery at Willowgreen Dental
If you’re seeking oral surgery that is as painless as possible, Willowgreen Dental can help. Our caring and experienced dentists will ensure your procedure goes smoothly and you receive the best possible care.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation. We look forward to helping you achieve optimal oral health and a beautiful smile!